Before my semester was even over I began compiling my Summer Reading List. I don’t usually make a list, but last summer I didn’t read as much as I wanted. Typically I end up spending more time looking for a book that interests me than actually reading. Now that my semester is over, I’ve began my reading list and am well on my way.
Here’s what I’m looking forward to reading this summer:
- Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende (I actually already finished this one because I had started it a while ago, it’s not especially uplifting, but I loved it)
- The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling – I’ve been looking forward to reading this since it came out. I started it this weekend and so far it’s fantastic
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Vision in White by Nora Roberts – Figured it was good timing to try this one
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron – I can’t avoid school-type reading all summer, and this one was recommended by a friend
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp – I started this last summer, but then got overwhelmed by moving
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain – my mom and sis-in-law both read this so I’m excited to be next!
- The Sisterhood by Helen Bryan – my mom and I are reading a lot of the same books this summer, this was her pick
- Whole Latte Love by Joanne DeMaio