This is a little delayed, but I mentioned making this tasty recipe a couple weeks ago here. Here is the process and what I used. I didn’t measure while I was cooking – it truly is a recipe where you can add however much of things that you want depending on what your favorite ingredients are or how much you have in the fridge.
- While bringing a pot of water to a boil, sear the scallops in a thin layer of olive oil over med-high in a large pan. Cook on one side until opaque about halfway up the scallop, then flip over and sear on the other side.. This step creates a tasty crystallization on each side. It’s okay if they don’t cook all the way through as they’ll be added back to the heat later. Remove and put on a pan.
- When the water comes to a boil add linguini and cook according to directions. Drain when complete.
- Meanwhile, add chopped garlic to the pan that you cooked the scallops in; cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in a couple tablespoons of butter and let melt.
- Add chopped broccoli. Cook until beginning to turn a brighter green.
- Add chopped tomatoes, lemon juice and white wine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss in cooked linguini, adding more fluids if needed. Put in scallops, allowing to reheat.
- Serve garnished with fresh ground black pepper, parsley and parmesan cheese.